Follow links to the websites of Oxford Scribes members, to other calligraphy societies and other calligraphers, and to useful resources.
Oxford Scribes Members
- Andy Moore: www.andymoorecalligraphy.com
- Barbara Jupe: myweb.tiscali.co.uk/barbarajupe
- Caroline Keevil: www.artatclevancy.co.uk
- Freddie Quartley: www.freddiequartley.com
- Helen Scholes: www.penandinkcalligraphy.co.uk
- Lin Kerr
- Lin Kerr: www.linkerrdesign.co.uk
- Tim Noad: www.timothynoad.co.uk
Calligraphy Societies and Calligraphers
- Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society: www.clas.co.uk
- North London Lettering Association: www.nlla.org.uk
- The Society of Scribes and Illuminators: www.calligraphyonline.org
- ArtiFolk: More online supplies at very competitive prices. Particularly good for Windsor & Newton paints and Faber Castell colour pencils.
- Blots Pen & Ink Supplies: All sizes of pens and nibs, plus a huge range of inks.
- Charles Perkins (Calligraphity): Mail order book service for calligraphers and lettering artists.
- Falkiner Fine Papers: Every type of paper and a good selection of bookbinding tools.
- greatArt: Online shopping from a huge range of art materials.
- Hare & Bear Designs: Will turn your calligraphic pieces into saleable cards in small quantities.
- John Neal Books: (and Letter Arts Review), USA.
- L. Cornelissen & Son: Wide range of artists’ colours and a good selection of gilding equipment
- Penman Direct: Calligraphy materials.
- Scribblers: A full range of calligraphy equipment
- The Wheatsheaf Art Shop: Full range of art products at reasonable prices. Mail order or online.
- Abbey Library of St Gallen: Switzerland, images from over 100 manuscripts.
- Codex Gigas: Sweden, the Devils Bible.
- CyberScribes: Calligraphy Discussion Group
- Cynscribe: A minefield of calligraphy information.
- Klingspor Museum: Offenbach. Holds large collection of work by Rudolf Koch.
- Koninklijke Bibliotheek: Netherlands, early manuscripts.
- Pen People: Calligraphy magazine
- Society of Heraldic Arts
- St John’s Bible: USA
- The British Library: Renaissance and medieval manuscripts.
- The Ditchling Museum
- The Early Manuscripts at Oxford University
- The Edward Johnston Foundation
- The Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge.: Manuscripts and Printed Books
- The Morgan Museum: USA. See The Book of Hours of Catherine of Cleves.
- Virtual Manuscript Library of Switzerland